What You Need to Know About Routine Vehicle Maintenance
Being a car owner comes with a lot of responsibilities. On top of paying your insurance and staying safe behind the wheel, you must practice proper vehicle maintenance in Lubbock, TX. This post will teach you a few of the essential aspects of maintenance:
- Read the owner’s manual: After buying your vehicle, it’s a good idea to get yourself acquainted with the owner’s manual. Knowing the ins and outs of the manual will go a long way in terms of helping you stay on top of future maintenance.
- Change the oil: Motor oil ensures everything under the hood runs smoothly, but it gets contaminated as time goes on, which is why it needs to be changed every several thousand miles. Consult your owner’s manual to see the frequency at which you need to change the oil.
- Inspect other fluids: Other essential fluids include brake, transmission, coolant and power steering fluids. Make sure all of these fluid levels are topped off to ensure a comfortable and safe ride.
- Check the tires: At least once a month, get down and check your tire pressure. Driving on over- or underinflated tires is hazardous and can reduce your car’s fuel economy. Again, the owner’s manual will tell you the recommended pressure for your tires.
- Examine belts and hoses: The belts and hoses under the hood that keep your car moving can start to fail over time. They may start to fray or become loose. Needless to say, any failing belts or hoses will result in car failure almost immediately. See a mechanic right away if something looks amiss.
- Test the battery: Without a functioning battery, your car won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Cold winters and hot summers can take a toll on your battery, so buy a battery testing kit to ensure it still has enough juice to keep your car running.
Bring your vehicle to the pros!
Most vehicle maintenance tasks in Lubbock, TX mentioned above are things you could do on your own, but we don’t always advise that. These are the reasons to bring your car to a professional mechanic for maintenance:
- Save your time: Vehicle maintenance doesn’t require a ton of time, but instead of wasting your Saturday afternoon tuning up your car, just bring it to the pros. A mechanic can handle everything while you kick back and relax.
- Rest easy: Are you unsure about performing any of the maintenance items mentioned above? Then just let the experts handle it! You won’t have to worry about making a rookie mistake that could cause damage.
- Catch problems early: While performing routine maintenance, you might not notice signs of catastrophic problems just waiting to happen. That’s where a mechanic can really come in handy! He’ll notice anything that looks strange and correct it before you have a breakdown.
If you plan on seeing a pro for vehicle maintenance in Lubbock, TX, come to M & M Tire & Service Center. Along with providing expert tire services, we specialize in auto diagnostics, brake and suspension work, general auto repairs and much more.
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance
This post was written by Writer