Winter Inspections May Improve Your Vehicle’s Lifespan!
Getting an inspection every winter is a great way to prolong your vehicle’s lifespan while helping to ensure you don’t have any avoidable car troubles in the middle of the winter. The checklist for winter car maintenance in Lubbock, TX is rather lengthy, and it mostly entails things you should leave to a pro. Continue reading to learn all of the aspects of your vehicle a professional will inspect this winter:
- Tires: The first item on your checklist should be swapping out your regular tires for winter ones. The softer rubber and deeper tread in winter tires help maintain better contact with the road, helping to prevent any accidents this season.
- Fuel lines: Any moisture in your fuel lines can freeze on cold days, causing the lines to expand and possibly crack. Your mechanic will inspect your fuel lines during your maintenance inspection to ensure they’re airtight. Additionally, be sure to keep your gas tank at least half full this season to avoid any problems.
- Oil: Switching to a motor oil designed for winter weather is always a good idea this time of year. Winter motor oil helps your engine run more smoothly on those cold days, providing a better ride and helping to prolong your engine’s lifespan. Talk to your mechanic about which motor oil is right for you and your car.
- Cooling system: Now is a great time to have your cooling system inspected and flushed by a professional. Draining the system and replacing the coolant helps ensure the coolant is doing its job throughout the season. You’ll also want to make a habit of checking your coolant levels and keeping them topped off as part of your winter car maintenance in Lubbock, TX.
- Windshield wipers and reservoir: If your windshield wipers are cracked or old, replace them now! Your windshield wipers could be the difference between full visibility and an accident, so do what you can to ensure they’re up to the task of keeping your windshield clear. Also, check the fluid reservoir to ensure it’s full throughout the winter.
- Lights: Speaking of visibility, your mechanic will also check your headlights and taillights during your winter inspection. If any of the lights are going out, he’ll replace them and clean the lenses to ensure the best possible visibility.
- Heater and defroster: You likely haven’t had the heat or defroster on in quite some time. During vehicle maintenance in Lubbock, TX, your mechanic will check both the heater and defroster to ensure they’re working properly and replace the filters to keep the air in your cabin fresh all season long.
- Battery: Colder temperatures make it harder for your battery to start your car, which can shorten its lifespan. Have your battery tested by a professional to ensure it still has enough voltage to get your car through the winter. If not, now’s the time to replace your battery with a new one.
Get your winter inspection from M & M Tire & Service Center
For a full inspection and winter vehicle maintenance in Lubbock, TX, be sure to see our team at M & M Tire & Service Center. Nobody offers faster service at more competitive rates. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance
This post was written by Writer