Winter is quickly coming to an end, which means it’s time for you to start thinking about your spring cleaning. Of course, spring cleaning doesn’t just have to be limited to the inside of your home—you should also consider what you can do to your vehicle to get it cleaned up and in good condition for the spring and beyond. Now would be a great time to schedule an auto tune-up in Lubbock, TX.
Here are a few simple car care tips you should keep in mind as spring approaches:
- Washing and waxing: You’d be amazed at what a good car wash can do for the appearance of your vehicle. You can either wash it off yourself, or take it into your local car wash. Winter driving can result in a lot of buildup of debris, grime and salt, so it’s important to make sure you take care of that as soon as possible to avoid corrosion on your vehicle’s body. This will also allow you to get your vehicle clean enough so it can be waxed. A fresh coat of wax will continue to protect your vehicle’s body so it will offer you reliable service long into the future.
- Clean out the interior: Spring is a great time to clean the interior of your vehicle, because it’s warm enough where you can spend more time outside getting this chore accomplished. Take out all papers, trash and other junk that’s accumulated in your vehicle since its last cleaning. Then you can focus on vacuuming the floors and upholstery. You might need to do some deeper cleaning of the upholstery to get it truly clean.
- Wiper blades: It’s important to inspect your windshield wiper blades with the changing of each season to determine their condition. If they’re leaving streaks behind on the windshield or appear to have been damaged, it’s probably a good idea to swap them out so you’re prepared for spring rainstorms.
- Check the tires: It’s always important to keep an eye on the condition of your tires, but you should pay particular attention to the treads and the pressure. Use a pressure gauge, and if the pressure seems low, fill it back up to the manufacturer’s recommended pressure, which will be listed in the owner’s manual or in the door jamb. If the tire treads have worn down, you should replace the tires as soon as possible so you can maintain good traction when you’re out on the road.
- Check your vehicle alignment and suspension: If you’ve run over any potholes in the winter, or if you’ve noticed any strange vibrations while driving, you might have some alignment or suspension issues that need to be checked out and addressed. It’s good to get these issues figured out before they become more significant, and thus more expensive to repair.
If you’re interested in learning more about the various steps you should take to properly maintain your vehicle this spring, we encourage you to contact M & M Tire & Service Center to schedule an auto tune-up in Lubbock, TX.
Categorised in: Tune-Ups
This post was written by Writer