At some point the tires on your car will either need to be repaired or replaced, but it can at times be difficult to tell which is the best option in your particular situation. Fortunately, your local tire shop in Lubbock, TX is here with a guide to help solve some of the most common tire problems you will encounter:
- Punctured tire: Most drivers have dealt with a slow leak caused by a punctured tire at one time or another. This is a relatively easy repair, as it is more or less just a flat tire that needs to be plugged and filled to the correct air pressure level. However, the caveat with a plug is that while the tire will continue to ride like normal, you will want to keep a close eye on its condition to make sure that the plug was sufficient, and maybe think about replacing the tire sooner rather than later.
- Cuts in the sidewall: When something cuts into the sidewall of the tire, whether that is after an accident or an encounter with a gigantic pothole, there is nothing that can be done to put it back together, and a patch will not hold. If the sidewall has been sliced, you will need to get a replacement tire.
- Uneven tread: If your car’s tires are severely worn and the tread is uneven as a result, there is no option other than replacing the tire. Whether that is with a lightly used tire or a brand-new tire will be up to you, but as you won’t be able to put new tread on your bald tire, a replacement tire will be needed. You can check your tire’s tread at home by using the penny trick. Your tire has sufficient tread if Lincoln’s head is covered by the tire, but you will need to consider your replacement options if the top of his head is fully visible.
- Valve stem: It is common for the valve stem to either become disconnected after being cut, or to rot and begin to deteriorate. The good news is that this is an easy repair, and the replacement stem should cost you no more than about $20.
- Impact bubble: If the belt inside the tire breaks, you might notice an impact bubble or bulge when you inspect your tires. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this, and the tire will have to be replaced.
When you need help determining whether your tire needs to be replaced or if repairs are possible, give us a call at M & M Tire & Service Center. We have built our reputation over the past 40-plus years as the one-stop tire shop in Lubbock, TX, and whether your tires are beyond repair or there is a fix that will allow you to get more life out of them, we are dedicated to helping you find the best solution. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment so we can get you safely back on the road in no time.
Categorised in: Tire Shop
This post was written by Writer