Five Reasons to Rotate Your Tires
It’s safe to say that most car owners know a few of the basics when it comes to car maintenance—things like changing the oil, checking fluid levels and changing the brakes are no-brainers. However, we’ve found that a lot of drivers don’t know the importance of tire rotation in Lubbock, TX. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about rotating your tires:
- Even tread: Tire tread is responsible for gripping the road, especially when roads are slick. Tread wears down over time, which is a leading reason why you need to replace your tires. As tire tread gets shallower, you want to ensure the tread wears down evenly across all four tires. The only way to do this is to rotate your tires at regular intervals.
- Safety: Uneven grip on the road leads to safety concerns for you, your passengers and other vehicles on the road. Spinouts and nasty accidents are most likely to occur if tread is low on some tires, but not others.
- Longer tire life: Neglecting to rotate tires means that one or two of them could wear out faster than the others. This means you’ll need to get individual tires more frequently, which is more expensive and a bigger hassle than getting a new set all at once.
- Performance: During tire rotation, professionals will also balance all of the wheels. Balanced and rotated tires will ensure the tires spin smoothly at high speeds, delivering a more comfortable and fuel-efficient ride.
- Overall car health: The importance of tire rotation in Lubbock, TX doesn’t start and end with the tires alone. With proper tire rotation, brakes, axels, wheels, wheel bearings and the suspension system will all last longer. Needless to say, a healthy car will last longer, run better and won’t require expensive repairs.
Signs that it’s time to rotate your tires
The frequency of tire rotation isn’t a guessing game. These are some indications that it’s time to bring your vehicle in for a rotation:
- Timing: Looking at the calendar and checking the odometer is the best way to tell when it’s time to rotate the tires. Experts recommend having a rotation performed every six months or 6,000 miles. It’s not a bad idea to have your tires rotated next time you get an oil change.
- Uneven tread wear: Check your tire tread. Do portions of each tire have shallower tread than others? If so, it’s time to have them rotated. Come in sooner rather than later to help prevent any accidents.
- Strange vibrations: You should always have a smooth ride when your tires are in perfect condition. If you notice any vibrations while driving, your tires are probably due for rotation and a checkup.
The importance of tire rotation in Lubbock, TX can’t be overstated. If it’s been a while since you’ve had your tires rotated or if you’ve noticed any of the signs mentioned above, bring your car to M & M Tire & Service Center. From tire rotations and replacement to in-depth repairs, we’re your go-to shop for all of your vehicle’s needs.
Categorised in: Tire Shop
This post was written by Writer